What is Mental health physiotherapy?
In Australia, it is estimated that 45 per cent of people will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime. In any one year, around 1 million Australian adults have depression, and over 2 million have anxiety.
The team at ACE Health Centre understand that it really can be difficult to find the motivation and time to get out of bed and find the energy to exercise especially when anxiety or depression is at bay….but…improving your physical health is proven to have a positive effect on your mental well being.
Exercise has been shown to reduce stress and symptoms of these mental health conditions.
How can Metal health physiotherapy help you?
Some great benefits of exercise on mental health include:
- Improve your mood – Endorphins are released which are natural chemicals that improve your mood
- Exercise can be very social reducing feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- It’s great for the brain – increasing oxygen to the brain can help improve memory, protect your brain against injury and disease and can help you think clearly by pumping more blood to the brain
- Improves sleep by regulating your sleep pattern plus you can be physically tired
What will we do?
Effective patient centered care in a comfortable, stress free environment.
- Musculoskeletal therapy
- Tailored exercise programs
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- State-of-the-art equipment
Mental health physiotherapists work in association with your GP and psychologists to improve your health and wellbeing.
Our experienced Gold Coast mental health physiotherapists offer a relaxed, comfortable environment looking at various and tailored techniques including musculoskeletal therapy, tailored exercise programs, mindfulness, motivation and education.
Do your health a favour and come see one of our health specialists today. Be quick, limited time offer only!
Valued at $50. One per person.
Are you in pain, want to improve your sport, or just feel better?
Tell us what your aim is and we will give you the tools to achieve your goal.
Our health & fitness professionals employ the most up-to date treatments available for fast, effective results.
Tell your problem, give us your time frame, your goal and what you hope to achieve
We will set you a personalised plan that is laid out and easy to understand. This includes your diagnosis, time frames, referrals and products needed, number of appointments needed and more
We get you booked in and stick with you until we hit your target. This is a team effort to achieve your target. You are never alone along your journey